DZ-92929 ready for Hoth

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
Palpatine
Name: Kevin Schötzau
TKID: 92929
Garrison: German Garrison

DZ-92929 ready for Hoth

Post by Palpatine »

Greetings from Germany!

i am very happy to be here, finally. I am planning to buy a fully assembled Snowie, made by RS Props, by the End of the year.
Hopefully i'll get the apporoval, since i really struggle with making armors or soft parts for myself.
I am simply too much scared of making mistakes with that expensive kits out there, so i decided to buy the finished one.

But honestly, for me personally, the building time or effort does not matter, for me it's the fun being a Snowtrooper and being on Events with cool guys having fun together :D (Of course i've got much respect for everyone's self builded armor!)

Currently i've got an inactive Tusken Raider (ANH). In the past i was already approved as Darth Vader (ESB) and Royal Guard (RotJ). Both were sold unfortunately.

Well, i really hope to join you soon and i will let you know, when my order is done. I still don't know if the RS Armor still is "ready for 501st approval" or if i have to do some Adjustments. But we will see :)
Sn0wflake
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Steve Hopper
TKID: 57343
Garrison: Swiss Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: DZ-92929 ready for Hoth

Post by Sn0wflake »

Greetings to you from Switzerland!

I, too, have a RS Snowtrooper which was a full commission as I had never built armour before and had the same fears as you did! Mine is the older RS version and, while my GML approved it as it was, I nonetheless made some minor modifications to it (replacing the rivets with Chicago screws). I may be wrong, but I think the current RS Snowies have these items as standard so other than putting some foam in the pouches to make them look nice and boxy, you’ll probably not need to do anything!

Good luck and can’t wait to see you out there representing the coolest detachment in the Legion!
Greetings from Steve, the Englishman in Switzerland. :D

Palpatine

Post by Palpatine »

Sn0wflake wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:05 pm Greetings to you from Switzerland!

I, too, have a RS Snowtrooper which was a full commission as I had never built armour before and had the same fears as you did! Mine is the older RS version and, while my GML approved it as it was, I nonetheless made some minor modifications to it (replacing the rivets with Chicago screws). I may be wrong, but I think the current RS Snowies have these items as standard so other than putting some foam in the pouches to make them look nice and boxy, you’ll probably not need to do anything!

Good luck and can’t wait to see you out there representing the coolest detachment in the Legion!
Thank you pal. I don't think, i would be afraid of doing that small stuff with the RS Armor. Putting some foam in the puches or changing some details aren't as critical as paint the armor or reform the hardparts, as example. So i'll prepare to do some stuff, if it is needed for my application.
Surely i still want to be movie accurate, so there might be some things to do anyway.

I can't wait to show you guys my armor. I'll post a WIP Thread as soon as i can :)
Sn0wflake
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Steve Hopper
TKID: 57343
Garrison: Swiss Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Sn0wflake »

Palpatine wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:42 am
Sn0wflake wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:05 pm Greetings to you from Switzerland!

Thank you pal. I don't think, i would be afraid of doing that small stuff with the RS Armor. Putting some foam in the puches or changing some details aren't as critical as paint the armor or reform the hardparts, as example. So i'll prepare to do some stuff, if it is needed for my application.
Surely i still want to be movie accurate, so there might be some things to do anyway.

I can't wait to show you guys my armor. I'll post a WIP Thread as soon as i can :)
Yup, that was my thinking. It was approved but I wanted it to be as screen accurate as possible, hence making the changes anyway. But like I say, you may not even need to do that!

I started building my first armour at the start of this year with a friend of mine. And while it’s more complicated than a Snowie (it’s a Galactic Marine) I see I could never have done this by myself so I’m glad I bought my Snowie fully built! For me, the real fun is in the trooping and not the building! Although I have over time made little improvements here and there as I’ve learned new skills (I made some new pouches in the spring and I’m looking at doing new and improved versions thereof later this year).
Greetings from Steve, the Englishman in Switzerland. :D

Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer
Name: Markus
TKID: 28873

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Hi Kevin and welcome to the Blizzard Force detachment!

Good luck with your TS journey :D
Palpatine

Post by Palpatine »

Today, i ordered my whole TS Snowtrooper Suit! I can't wait for it, but i have to, at least 3 months!

I let you guys know, when it arrives and, of cource, share some pics.

I decided to order the Production Cast E-11 variant with my costume, so i can go as accurate as i can. But i will have to buy another one for conventions, made of rubber or something. Since some event organizers don't want to have weapons made of hard materials, it's helpful i think.
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by tubachris85x »

Palpatine wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:44 pm Today, i ordered my whole TS Snowtrooper Suit! I can't wait for it, but i have to, at least 3 months!

I let you guys know, when it arrives and, of cource, share some pics.

I decided to order the Production Cast E-11 variant with my costume, so i can go as accurate as i can. But i will have to buy another one for conventions, made of rubber or something. Since some event organizers don't want to have weapons made of hard materials, it's helpful i think.
Nice, great to see you're on your way here. I believe there are options for rubber cast blasters available. Honestly the production cast blaster is certainly a great piece to have but having had my Hyperfirm E-11 since 2007 and still going strong to this day, a rubber one is good for a lot of events, especially where you have kids or potentially drunk adults.
Winning every battle since 1980