New to all of this

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
Gm4l
Name: Gm4L

New to all of this

Post by Gm4l »

Good whatever time is the day or night you're reading this!

My name's Daniel and I'm living in Layton Utah. I'm wanting to build a Galactic Marine armor set to use for airsofting, because who wouldn't like to play as trooper. What's the best way to build a set of armor?
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: New to all of this

Post by tubachris85x »

Hey Daniel, I hope you may find information on this site, though I'm not sure what members here produce would be deemed sufficient for the purposes of airsoft. It's not to say you can't of course. I used to do a lot of paintball back in the day, and I know there's a significant difference between the 2. Unfortunately there is really only one current vendor supplying GM armor kits, but I'm not sure that would be able to stand up to the necessary beatings I would generally expect with airsoft battles, so I feel you may need to look at scratch building to ensure adequate durability and functionality (especially with the helmet).

It's not impossible to do but will take some work
Winning every battle since 1980
AngryEwok
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Bradley Smith
TKID: 92184
Garrison: Alabama Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by AngryEwok »

Maybe modify and 3D print elements the armor? Just thinking out loud. None of my armor (TI, TK, IG) would do well in airsoft in terms of durability (to say nothing of mobility) but then again I can barely see out of my armor.
Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer
Name: Markus
TKID: 28873
Garrison: German Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Hi Daniel and welcome to the Blizzard Force detachmnet!

Good luck with your build :D