Transfer from Tat to Hoth

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
crzley
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: James Crossley
TKID: 30313
Garrison: Timberline

WHITEOUT Deployed

Transfer from Tat to Hoth

Post by crzley »

So yeah I got my transfer order via the WTF April Snowie raffle. At first I was excited to get transferred off of Tattooine, it's just so dang hot, and then I saw my transfer destination. I wasnt extremely thrilled but at least itll give me a chance to cool off. I should have my armor by the end of June and then itll be time to build. The empire really does need to stop cutting corners and give us pre-assembled armor.

Seriously though, I currently live in the Boise, Idaho area, Timberline Garrison. We got our first Squad approved back in January and our logo totally fits with the snowtrooper motif, Sawtooth Mountain Squad. I am extremely excited to build this snowie. I entered the raffle not expecting much and then my number was pulled, I was in complete shock. I have started to do my research and already have some resources for getting my soft parts done. Brandon, Idaho Droid or Idaho Jones, whatever he goes by in this detachment, built a snowie a year or so ago so he will be a valuable resource. Cant wait to get going on it.
Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer
Name: Markus
TKID: 28873
Garrison: German Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Transfer from Tat to Hoth

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Hi James and welcome to the Blizzard Force detachment!

It's always a good idea to build a snowtrooper, because there cannot be enough of the undefeated men and women of the empire out there ;)

I know the feeling to be transferred to hoth... just take a look at my build thread.

Good luck with your TS journey :D
datadroid
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Joyce
TKID: 9449
Garrison: Alaskan Garrison

Post by datadroid »

Hiya! I was transferred from Endor to Hoth 10 years ago and totally understand the confusion. I did find that I still needed fans in my snowie, it;s amazing how warm it can be in gear even when it's freezing outside :)

A scout in -40F was very sad and cold so I got a WTF snowie build a year ago and am finally done; just waiting on final stamp of approval from my GML.
crzley
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: James Crossley
TKID: 30313
Garrison: Timberline

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by crzley »

datadroid wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:37 pm Hiya! I was transferred from Endor to Hoth 10 years ago and totally understand the confusion. I did find that I still needed fans in my snowie, it;s amazing how warm it can be in gear even when it's freezing outside :)

A scout in -40F was very sad and cold so I got a WTF snowie build a year ago and am finally done; just waiting on final stamp of approval from my GML.
Yeah I've seen your build thread, Fairbanks, right? I'm anticipating my WTF armor to get here sometime in June and hopefully finished by the first part of August. One of my friends and I have developed a system for fans to be in use but not be in the helmet. I'm also going to use a fan to pull air out of the helmet. I have all of my fabric for the soft parts. Hopefully start sewing once Mother's day has come and gone, my wife will want me to wait a week, boots have been ordered. I have my strapping for everything as well as gloves, so the only thing slowing down the process at this point is just waiting for armor and finding some painters pants. I'm excited to weather the armor, that's my favorite part of any build, just gotta make sure to put more weathering on the pants than just a couple drops of color.
Stratt
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Mark
TKID: 81774
Garrison: Bloodfin Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Stratt »

Hi James!
I'm one of the crazies assigned to Honolulu (Scarif) who decided I needed a Snowtrooper full set. I'll be moving to Indianapolis, which is closer to Hoth-like weather in the winter months. Still, the troops will probably be indoors which will call for fans! Good luck on that build, I have nothing in the way of sewing skills but motivation, needle and thread got me into a suit that's lasted a dozen troops with no issues. Lots of helpful folks here, let us know if you get stuck on something during assembly!
TK-81774
ASI: IC | IN | TI | TS