Hello Everyone

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
Goose1982
Name: Anthony

Hello Everyone

Post by Goose1982 »

Good Evening Everyone,

My Name is Anthony and I line in Western North Carolina, USA. I got some good Friends in the Carolina Garrison and also Rebel Legion. I have a TK Build Currently that I have Had for 5+ Years but its not a 501st Build. Which lead me to Pursue a New Build That I hope to get Approved. I have been Solo Trooping the last few Years and got the pleasure of Meet the 501st Carolina Garrison a couple Years ago @ the Heroes Aren't Hard to Find Convention in Charlotte NC. Which then got me in touch with the Members Closer to Home and I have been a Prospect of Joining and Finances kept getting in the way.

Until Now. When ANOVOS launched the Ability to do a Pay as you go Build. I am currently Building a Snow Trooper through them and The only Pieces I am going to be missing Will be the Boots and the Bucket. Those 2 Items they currently Do Not Offer so I am trying to source them before the the Convent in Charlotte This Year.

Thank You For Allowing me to come aboard. Have a good Night All.

Anthony
Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer
Name: Markus
TKID: 28873
Garrison: German Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Hi Anthony and welcome to the Blizzard Force detachment!

I think this thread is interesting to you: http://blizzardforce.com/forum/viewtopi ... 115&t=3611

Good luck with your TS journey :D
Goose1982

Post by Goose1982 »

Well I am closing in on the final pieces of my Build. I had to delay my build for a death in the family and a change in employment. I was finally able to resume acquiring my pieces a few weeks ago. I am waiting on my final Piece, which is my boots to arrive.

But I have a crazy question. I wear prescription glasses and looking into a way to modify either my bucket or my lenses? Any pointers?
daryldoak
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Daryl Doak
TKID: 11371
Garrison: Cloud City Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by daryldoak »

I am able to wear my regular glasses inside of my Snowtrooper helmet, no problem.
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by tubachris85x »

Goose1982 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:02 pm Well I am closing in on the final pieces of my Build. I had to delay my build for a death in the family and a change in employment. I was finally able to resume acquiring my pieces a few weeks ago. I am waiting on my final Piece, which is my boots to arrive.

But I have a crazy question. I wear prescription glasses and looking into a way to modify either my bucket or my lenses? Any pointers?
Before getting corrective surgery, I had horrible near-sighted vision my whole life. but admittedly, I think I've only ever worn my glasses in my helmet once, and found it uncomfortable for me, so I wouldn't wear glasses and did troops somewhat blindly. To answer your question though, I have seen people take either older pairs of glasses or even an extra "sport" pair of glasses that they would be able to wear w/ the helmet on or in a few instances, with an older pair, they'd cut off the arms and mount the lenses directly over the helmet's eyes from the inside, so they would stay in place and not budge.

I did for awhile use contacts, but the final straw for me to go through with surgery was a very frustrating experience in my mandalorian costume, though I very much barely even qualified for PRK...
Winning every battle since 1980
wil129
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Wil
TKID: 29192
Garrison: Northeast Remnant

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by wil129 »

A guy in my garrison used an old pair of glasses. Removed the arms and hot glued the frames onto the inside of the bucket of his Kylo helmet. I’ve considered using a cheap Zenni pair and doing something similar but my lenses fog up so quickly I’m basically only seeing shapes while trooping anyway
Goose1982

Post by Goose1982 »

Okay scouring the forums, I must be overlooking it. I got all my Gear unboxed from ANOVOS and I got my boots in the the mail over the weekend. I looked over the Building specs and it looks like everything is here.

But unfortunately ANOVOS Did not send any Kind of booklet or Suiting up Instructions. So I am in Need of Help with my first Suit up to make sur I do it correctly.

@wil129 and @Turbachris.. Those our some good pointers. I look the Len's piece to my eye doctor but it was too big to fit in his Machine. I will Give him a call and see what Just a copy of my newest Prescription Len's will Cost and Just cut my Green Fill to fit them and Glue them into my Bucket.
AngryEwok
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Bradley Smith
TKID: 92184
Garrison: Alabama Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by AngryEwok »

Goose1982 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:04 pmI am in Need of Help with my first Suit up to make sur I do it correctly.
I learned how to do it by watching this video.
Goose1982

Post by Goose1982 »

AngryEwok wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:43 pm
Goose1982 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:04 pmI am in Need of Help with my first Suit up to make sur I do it correctly.
Thanks @AngryEwok. The video was helpful.

Other then an Airbrush, Whats the best way to weather my Suit??
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by tubachris85x »

Goose1982 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:29 pm

Acrylic washes for the armor and tea/coffee staining for the duster, pouches and lightly on the pants. I'm preferable to using burnt umber with a small amount of black for the armor after my V2 suit build. It's a subjective thing but you would need to play around with some combinations of paints to determine what you feel works for yourself
Goose1982

Post by Goose1982 »

tubachris85x wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:48 am
Goose1982 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:29 pm

Acrylic washes for the armor and tea/coffee staining for the duster, pouches and lightly on the pants. I'm preferable to using burnt umber with a small amount of black for the armor after my V2 suit build. It's a subjective thing but you would need to play around with some combinations of paints to determine what you feel works for yourself
What do you mean by Coffee/Tea Staining? I do not drink Coffee. Could I use Tea Bags, Cause I do make tea at home.

Also What are the thoughts of using a Hard Hat Webbing inside my Bucket?

How Do I secure the Strapping to the Boots and What kind of Strapping do I need to uses?

And are you saying mix Burnt Umber with Black in an Air Brush, or do it with a Paint Brush?

Thanks for everyone that is helping me out with this Build. It really helps me out being this is the 2nd Build I have purchased and not Ready to wear. So I knew there was some working needed.
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by tubachris85x »

Anthony, there are various threads and posts on the forum that I would suggest you research and look into as your questions can be answered