California Hopeful

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
adbulygoiv
Name: CoolDude

California Hopeful

Post by adbulygoiv »

Hello All!

My name is Anthony and I'm from Modesto, California. I've been flirting with the idea of joining the 501st for the better part of a decade, but never had the time or resources to make that big push. Ever since I saw the Snowtrooper in ESB, I was blown away that there were these new variant troopers. Now, with the new First Order Snowtrooper, I am amazed at how sleek and terrifying the Snowtroopers can look. Now that my children are a little older and enjoy Star Wars that much more, it's given me a whole new energy to try and pursue trooping. My kids and I often see the 501st at local sporting events, movie openings, etc. and they are amazed that they can hang out with characters from Star Wars in real life. The biggest drawback for me to date has been my extreme lack of technical or crafting skill. I know I'd do well trooping in armor, but the process of creating/acquiring armor has been overwhelming in the past. Hopefully some time here amongst experience costumers will help me find a way to get into trooping with some awesome Snowtrooper (ESB or TFA) armor. Thanks everyone in advance and glad to be here!
Dmorja
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Jason
TKID: 52171
Garrison: Central California Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: California Hopeful

Post by Dmorja »

adbulygoiv wrote:Hello All!

My name is Anthony and I'm from Modesto, California. I've been flirting with the idea of joining the 501st for the better part of a decade, but never had the time or resources to make that big push. Ever since I saw the Snowtrooper in ESB, I was blown away that there were these new variant troopers. Now, with the new First Order Snowtrooper, I am amazed at how sleek and terrifying the Snowtroopers can look. Now that my children are a little older and enjoy Star Wars that much more, it's given me a whole new energy to try and pursue trooping. My kids and I often see the 501st at local sporting events, movie openings, etc. and they are amazed that they can hang out with characters from Star Wars in real life. The biggest drawback for me to date has been my extreme lack of technical or crafting skill. I know I'd do well trooping in armor, but the process of creating/acquiring armor has been overwhelming in the past. Hopefully some time here amongst experience costumers will help me find a way to get into trooping with some awesome Snowtrooper (ESB or TFA) armor. Thanks everyone in advance and glad to be here!
Hi Anthony and welcome. Everyone is super helpful here. In northern CA you would be a part of the Central California Garrison. So feel free to reach out to us for help. We all started the same way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer
Name: Markus
TKID: 28873
Garrison: German Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: California Hopeful

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Hi Anthony and welcome to the Blizzard Force detachment!

I think there were a lot of us who were afraid of not being skilled enough for building everything right, but don't worry about that, your skills will grow while building ;)

Good luck with your TS journey :D