Greetings from Hoth

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
datadroid
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Joyce
TKID: 9449
Garrison: Alaskan Garrison

Greetings from Hoth

Post by datadroid »

It’s -27F outside my door right now here in Fairbanks, Alaska so I tend to refer to this place as Hoth.

I’ve been in the 501st since 2002 as a scout, but after one troop at -40F in scout I decided I needed winter trooping gear.

I’ve already got the “hard parts” snow trooper armor from WTF I’m hoping to get started on this weekend. I’ve got the boots. Other than looking for help on figuring out the strapping I think I’ll mostly be looking for soft part patterns or soft parts for sale. And details. All the details.

Of note I’m one of three in my immediate area working on snowie; two of us have WTF and the other kit came from a vendor that took like 16 months from order time which is why I went a different route.

That’s me in a nutshell. Oh, and I have a nearly complete MSE and just started a R2 unit. So many projects. So little time.
datadroid
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Joyce
TKID: 9449
Garrison: Alaskan Garrison

Re: Greetings from Hoth

Post by datadroid »

My goal is to do this same pic in snowie this year. I've got about a month left before it will be _too warm_ :)Image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer
Name: Markus
TKID: 28873
Garrison: German Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Greetings from Hoth

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Hi there and welcome to the Blizzard Force detachment!

Seems you're really at the right place for a snowie ;)

Good luck with your TS journey and stay frosty :D