Hi from the Steel City

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
Dennis
Name: Dennis Langley

Hi from the Steel City

Post by Dennis »

Hi guys, from Sheffield, UK.

I have a ANH TK but fancy something a little more modern so looking at building a Snow trooper, I am just looking at kits, RS would be my favourite but pricey, then there is troopmaster , any others? Also any recommendations in respect of soft parts. What spec will I need to adhere to for clearance (I made mistakes with not asking before building the TK and had to modify it loads so thought best ask first. Please post picture to help

Cheers

Den
Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer
Name: Markus
TKID: 28873
Garrison: German Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Hi from the Steel City

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Hi Dennis and welcome to the Blizzard Force detachment!

I think this thread could be interesting to you: viewtopic.php?f=115&t=3611

Good luck with your TS journey :)
thebrighton
Name: Gareth Collier
TKID: 11968
Garrison: UK Garrison

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by thebrighton »

Hi Den,
Can't spot you over on the UK Garrisons forum but that is where you will need to start a WIP in order to get clearance with the 501st. Doesn't mean you can't post one here too but over at the UKG Wayne and myself can guide you through to clearance.
http://www.ukgarrison.co.uk/forum/index.php
UK Garrison Snowtrooper, Tusken and Underworld Armourer
Underworld Detachment XO
RebelRach
Merch / Public Relations Officer
Name: Rebel Rach
TKID: 15070
Garrison: Redback Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by RebelRach »

Welcome Denis!
Good advice above to start a Work in Progress thread for your snowie on the UK forum too.

Well recommended is a Dan Laws kit - he is based in the USA but his prices are competitive and his kits outstanding ( I have one as do many others).

Contact him via this forum or he has a facebook page. Hopefully if you choose him the postage won't be too much but do factor that in when comparing kits and prices. DL kits come already trimmed so much faster to put together.

Troopmaster is also a good supplier, you have to trim his kits BUT a bit plus is he sells a complete strapping kit with his own kits which means you get EVERY single screw, bolt and piece of webbing and Velcro to assemble your kit, which is super helpful.

Best of luck with your build.
Snowtrooper Dan Laws Kit Build Thread: http://www.blizzardforce.com/forum/view ... =78&t=5491

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Cheers, I did think of DL but thought post (and customs) would price him out, will send a message.

Are RS props ok now (since the update) or do people steer clear of them (I know their comuncations are not the best .... But they are reasonably local)
Sn0wflake
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Steve Hopper
TKID: 57343
Garrison: Swiss Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Sn0wflake »

Hi, Dennis. I have a RS Snowie and am very happy with it. Depending on your GML you may need to alter a few items on it. Mine was approved out the box but I made the standard alterations anyway - replace the press studs on the boot straps with Chicago screws and replace the rivets on the shoulder straps with Chicago screws. The wait is quite long and you’ll probably need to keep chasing them. Also, their dusters tend to be a little on the short side. I ended up ordering a second, longer one from them. I’d definitely recommend them, but were I to do it all over again, I’d probably go for Troopermaster. His new helmet is super accurate down to the little "nostrils".
Greetings from Steve, the Englishman in Switzerland. :D

thebrighton

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by thebrighton »

If you go for an RS full commission you will still need to make alterations. They've recently started riveting the shoulder bridges on rather than Chicago screws, continue to paint the dots on the side of the backpack Humbrol #19 rather than #20 and have redesigned their pouches which are now oversized. As mentioned earlier the dusters are also coming up very short. TM are a good option being UK based. There are others around the world but be prepared for some horrific import taxes and tax if you buy from the US. Bobamaker are great too but, again, will need alterations.
Underworld Detachment XO
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Cheers guys, I am just building a new E11 for my ANH TK must may now turn it in to a snowy blaster, can anyone point me to what extras I need (and where I can get them), I understand the counter and power cylinders are not present, also is the scope different?
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Cheers guys, I am just building a new E11 for my ANH TK must may now turn it in to a snowy blaster, can anyone point me to what extras I need (and where I can get them), I understand the counter and power cylinders are not present, also is the scope different?

Nb I like pictures :D :D
Sn0wflake
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Steve Hopper
TKID: 57343
Garrison: Swiss Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Sn0wflake »

Get in touch with Mark Shearman at ShearTech (he’s a member of the UKG so you’ll find in on that forum as well as Facebook). He does ESB greeblies.
Greetings from Steve, the Englishman in Switzerland. :D

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Are they and the lack of the power cells and counter the only difference?
thebrighton

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by thebrighton »

When you post it up on your WIP over at the UKG it will need to have lost the power cells and counter and gained the greeblies to get cleared. As mentioned Mark is your man for the greeblies. On the UKG his ID is Triumphmark and you can find him on FB under Shear Tech.
Underworld Detachment XO
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Greeblies and new scope ordered :-)
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

About there with ordering the armour etc, I have to say trooper master is being great answering all my questions, he has the patience of a saint
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

It's booked/ordered :-)