Greeting from Tampa, this is Michael

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
lordsnowcone
Name: Michael Speidel

Greeting from Tampa, this is Michael

Post by lordsnowcone »

Hello Blizzard Force

This is my first ever post on the forum :D . I was not a previous member, I had the privilege of hosting an event where I work and invite members from the Tampa Garrison and they came out. I've never really gotten a close look at the suits and armor, but i was blown away at the craftsmanship and attention to detail. This was just something i had to do once i saw it.

The snowtrooper is something that i think subconsciously I'm attracted to in one part because Florida is a giant sauna and it's never cool or comfortable.

I am interested in the Model TS 7143 and how to get started and how the build works if there are kits, etc. I looked at the first order snowtrooper as well and it looks amazing, i just don't know if my body would looked stuffed in that and look like "i'm trying too hard" :shock: lol i'm thicker, so i was told the snowtrooper can work. just wondered if i had options :?:

Thank you so much for the opportunity.

Once my brother found out i was going to do this, he now is on a mission as well. I'm super glad to get started and more than just making an outfit, i see the smiles you bring people and since that's what i do for a living already. It fits right in.

Thanks,

I look forward to getting it started.

Best Regards,

~mike
Buttercup
Name: Michelle
TKID: 24548
Garrison: Southern California Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Greeting from Tampa, this is Michael

Post by Buttercup »

Welcome to the cold side of the Empire Mike! The Snowie is an Awesome suit to troop in, even in warmer weather! I'm from the desert here in California! :) Peruse our armorers section for a start to armor and look over the Costume Reference Library to get acquainted with the build. It's really an easy and fun costume to put together. And if your brother is interested then more the better. Snowies always look better in pairs! Ask away if you have any questions! That's why we are here!
From out of the blinding snow we strike for the Empire to put our enemies on ice!!
darthcashman
Snowtrooper Commander Liaison
Name: Darth Cashman
TKID: 42013
Garrison: Parjai

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by darthcashman »

Greetings from a fellow floridian. you are definitely right that it can be a sauna for the snowies in florida, but then when it gets cold (for the one week a year) its one of the best suits to wear.
Captain_Wordo
Trooper Liaison Officer
Name: Markus
TKID: 28873
Garrison: German Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Captain_Wordo »

Hi Mike and welcome to the Blizzard Force detachment!

It's always a good idea to build a snowtrooper, there cannot be enough of the undefeated men and women of the empire out there ;)
darthcashman
Snowtrooper Commander Liaison
Name: Darth Cashman
TKID: 42013
Garrison: Parjai

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by darthcashman »

Looking back at your initial post, you wrote down that you are interested in model TS 7143. What you are referring to is actually the Member ID number. The TS does refer to snowtroopers, but also include snowtrooper commanders, first order snowtroopers and snow scouts. While the 7143 is that members unique member number. You did clarify that you were looking into the snowtrooper but just helping to avoid future confusion. As you look deeper into 501st you'll start learning the IDs more and more.

Hope this helps!
lordsnowcone
Name: Michael Speidel

Post by lordsnowcone »

Thank you, yes i am looking for the standard snowtrooper. Also, thanks for clearing up the member number, didnt mean to throw that around.

I see there are many casters and vendors, but is there a more trusted list. I read one where it takes years to get one done. I'm patient, but that's a little long even for me. Is there a faster track I can go to get one underway? Again, i dont have any ability to make any of the cast parts, I can paint and work on smaller pieces, but the armor is beyond my skill set.