Hello from Amsterdam

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
Wasili
Name: Wasili Angelopoulos

Hello from Amsterdam

Post by Wasili »

Hi all,

Thanx for adding me to the forum. Like a few of you i was instantly in love with the new Ep 7 Snowtrooper. Posted in a thread on the RPF, and member Tubachris pointed me here.

And me...I'm a fulltime modelmaker, grew up with Star Wars in the late 70's (Empire being my first movie, and the ATAT driver my first action figure), and have been trying to have fun combining hobby and work. I started attending conventions a few years back, and will be at Fedcon Dusseldorf again this year in May, displaying some miniatures like last year.

I'm currently working on cad files for the NU Snowtrooper (see mic tips below, work in progress), and will machine and cast them once ready. Now doing the backpack and the helmet, although the backpack is a tad easier.

Hope to particpate here whenever i can.

Have a good one.

Cheers,
Wasili

Midniterider
Galactic Marine Liaison
TKID: 7462
Garrison: Carida

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Hello from Amsterdam

Post by Midniterider »

Welcome!!!

We are SO GLAD to have you here. Please check out our new, extensive gallery of NU Snowtrooper pictures that were taken recently at Celebration: Anaheim. If you would be so kind to continue sharing your progress and pictures of the build, I know a lot of people will be interested!!!

Please add me to your order list for the mics for the new helmet, backpack / helmet when they are finished and available!

:)
Ken "Tank" Querio
TS - 7462
Garrison Carida

" STRIKING HARD AND FAST...WITH BLIZZARD FORCE! "
Buttercup
Name: Michelle
TKID: 24548
Garrison: Southern California Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Buttercup »

Welcome to the Cold Side of the Empire Wasili!! Glad to have ya here! If there is anything we can do to help you just let us know. And yes, I'm in for a set of new armor too if you get it going!! To see the suit in person was AWESOME!!!!! If you have any questions about it shoot! I'll try to help ya out! :)
From out of the blinding snow we strike for the Empire to put our enemies on ice!!
Wasili

Post by Wasili »

Hi guys,

Thanx for the warm welcome. Although i have build quite a number of pieces, i have to admit that costume pieces is somewhat new (and exciting, and challenging) for me. I will definitely have some questions for you, in due time.

First off my thanx for posting and compiling the photos of the Nu Snowtrooper costume, here on the forum.

I do have one question for now. Where do i post my build thread ? I do see the Nu Snowtrooper research threads, but maybe the builds go somewhere completely different ?

Sorry if it's a stupid question...

Thanx.

Cheers,
Wasili
Buttercup

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Buttercup »

Hello Wasili! You can post up your WIP thread in the General Discussion thread. I believe that's where we've been sending people so everybody can watch your progress. That's going to be an exciting build for sure! And there are no stupid question other then those that are thought of and never asked! :) Please ask away and we'll help ya where we can!
From out of the blinding snow we strike for the Empire to put our enemies on ice!!
Wasili

Post by Wasili »

Thanx very much Buttercup. Will start posting there within the next few days.

Cheers,
Wasili
Midniterider
Galactic Marine Liaison
TKID: 7462
Garrison: Carida

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Midniterider »

Wasili wrote:Thanx very much Buttercup. Will start posting there within the next few days.

Cheers,
Wasili
Wasili,

I have opened a thread for your WIP and build in the the NU Snowtrooper section of the website. Since this is a brand new costume and we are trying to decipher and construct the armor and costume, this would be considered research and development -- which would benefit everyone.

By the way, those mics are INCREDIBLE!!!
Ken "Tank" Querio
TS - 7462
Garrison Carida

" STRIKING HARD AND FAST...WITH BLIZZARD FORCE! "
Buttercup

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Buttercup »

Thanks Ken! I didn't think of putting it there! Makes sense :) Can't wait to see more!!
Wasili

Post by Wasili »

Oh wow. Thanx guys. Much appreciated...
garbz
Name: Aaron
TKID: 6030
Garrison: Mountain

Post by garbz »

Welcome!
Wasili

Post by Wasili »

Thx.

Btw, the RPF has posted some 50 shots of the Snowtrooper on their FB page. And about 90 of the Flametrooper. Very good pics. Me very happy. The more, the better.

Cheers,
Wasili
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by tubachris85x »

Wasili wrote:Thx.

Btw, the RPF has posted some 50 shots of the Snowtrooper on their FB page. And about 90 of the Flametrooper. Very good pics. Me very happy. The more, the better.

Cheers,
Wasili
Thank you for the heads up on those! They are quite nice too!

I'd definitely be down to discuss the possibilities of getting pieces made in the future if you're up for the task!
Winning every battle since 1980
Wasili

Post by Wasili »

Thx Tubachris.

Btw, love your sig picture. There's something about Snowtroopers...

Oh, and i saw that Facebook member Kathy van Beuningen also posted some 50 or 60 shots of the Snowtrooper on her FB Gallery.
https://www.facebook.com/kathyvanbeunin ... 357&type=3

Have a good weekend.

Cheers,
Wasili