Hello from NJ and NY

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
brenster21
Name: brendan

Hello from NJ and NY

Post by brenster21 »

hello my name is brenster21 and i am new to all of this. my goal is try and build myself a set of snowtrooper armor.
Buttercup
Name: Michelle
TKID: 24548
Garrison: Southern California Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Hello from NJ and NY

Post by Buttercup »

Hello Brendon, welcome to the cold side of the Empire! Glad to have ya here. If we can answer any questions just ask!
From out of the blinding snow we strike for the Empire to put our enemies on ice!!
brenster21

Post by brenster21 »

would trying to build a snowtrooper outfit be an impossible task for someone with very little experience, on a budget?
Buttercup

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Buttercup »

Not at all. As for little experience, we all started somewhere. Ask lots of questions and real all the CRLs and work in progress builds and it'll be easy. As for a budget, it can be done but may take some time. Ask around you local 501st guys and you should be able to find people selling parts at a reasonable price. Just start with a check list and start amassing parts.
From out of the blinding snow we strike for the Empire to put our enemies on ice!!
clonecollector
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Paul
TKID: 6218
Garrison: NorthEast Remnant

Post by clonecollector »

Hi Brendan!

Where exactly are you? I'm Passaic county NJ. I invite you to join the local 501st forums.

If you are in NJ look up 501stner.com
That's my garrison- the Northeast Remnant in NJ.

If you are in NY, then sign up at the Empire City Garrison forum.

Both groups have snowtroopers in them that can help out as well! I hope to see you around!
Buttercup

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Buttercup »

See, what did I say? Awesome troopers ready to help! You're in good hands over ther :)
brenster21

Post by brenster21 »

thanks to everyone for the quick replies, I will work on getting started in the coming months. i will probably join the 501stner, once i have my gear together.
clonecollector
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Paul
TKID: 6218
Garrison: NorthEast Remnant

Post by clonecollector »

brenster21 wrote:thanks to everyone for the quick replies, I will work on getting started in the coming months. i will probably join the 501stner, once i have my gear together.
Please... Join up before! Lol!

Go ahead and introduce yourself on the forums. You can always get an opinion before make a purchase or asking about sizes and vendors, etc.

You can also arrange to see at local troops and look at our costumes up close. The occasional armor party pops up too and its a good opportunity to meet members and discuss armor and building techniques too.