Blizzard Force History Record

History of the Blizzard Force Detachment and Threads that are deemed historically relevant to the Detachment's history
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Blizzard Force History Record

Post by tubachris85x »

I have been wanting to get this going for awhile now, but here's a thread dedicated to the Blizzard Force's history. Speaking with Stuart and finding this from Jackdoud, this is a brief look into how it was started:
jackdoud wrote:While the BF has technically been around longer, according to my records this forum was created five years ago today. As this is the only BF form most TS's have ever known I figured might as well make it official.

For anyone interested here's a brief history of the BF:

-Circa 2003 the "Blizzard Squad" EZboard is formed
-Circa 2005 the Blizzard Squad board disappears
-12/3/05 the "Blizzard Force" Yahoo group is created and a DL is elected
-4/6/06 "blizzardforce.com" is registered and the current boards are opened for membership

I may add significant events as well as a record of leadership if I can find it all. Depending on how you view it, from the "official" establishment of the "Blizzard Force" as we know it today would be on 4/6/2006, however, given that the name "Blizzard Force" was used as well as having the first elected detachment leader on 12/3/2005, I feel that date can be recognized as the "true" establishment of the Blizzard Force.
Winning every battle since 1980
Stuartsotf
Name: Meat Popsicle

Re: Blizzard Force History Record

Post by Stuartsotf »

It was so cool digging through history with you Brother.
Stuart Wilkshire
"Asia-Oceania Regional Moff"
"retired Legion Captain of the Guard"
"Retired Blizzard Force Detachment Leader"
Japanese Garrison member
TK/TS-969
Midniterider
Galactic Marine Liaison
TKID: 7462
Garrison: Carida

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Midniterider »

FOUNDERS

Mark Corey
Wendy Wassamer
Jack Doud

DETATCHMENT LEADERS

Wendy Wassamer- December 2005
Larry "Frost"
Stuart Wilkshire
Ian Lindsay- 2008-2012
Geoff Pfeiffer- 2012-2013
Christopher Williams- 2013-Present

EXECUTIVE OFFICERS

Percy Ricaud
Ken Querio- 2013-2017
Wayne Heaton- 2017
Scott Magerfleisch- 2017-2019
Kevin Riesen- 2019-Present

COMMAND STAFF

Jack Doud - Historian
Troy Henderson - Merchandising & Branding Officer
Chris S. - Merchandise & Branding Officer
Melanie Querio - Merchandising & Branding Officer
Rachel Ezzy - Merchanding & Branding Officer
Michelle Newcomer - Public Relations Officer
Rachel Ezzy - Merchanding & Branding & PR Officer
Dan Rodriguez - Moderator / Galactic Marine Advisor
Gabriel Flores - Moderator / Snowtrooper & Commander Advisor
Mieo Fujino - Asia Region Liaison Officer
Markus Warda - Trooper Liaison Officer

NOTE: This is a not a complete list as we are still investigating and researching the history of our group and its leadership.
Ken "Tank" Querio
TS - 7462
Garrison Carida

" STRIKING HARD AND FAST...WITH BLIZZARD FORCE! "
ObiPacKenobi
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Pac Vargas
TKID: 92529
Garrison: Great Lakes Garrison

Post by ObiPacKenobi »

Awesome Info!!!!
AT-AT2010
Blizzard Force Deployed
TKID: 6708
Garrison: Florida

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by AT-AT2010 »

Great info!
TK0518
TKID: 518
Garrison: Swedish Garrison

Post by TK0518 »

The year BF went back to "Hoth" together with Nordic Garrison.
http://www.blizzardforce.com/forum/view ... =23&t=1664
“Let us trust God, and our better judgment to set us right hereafter. United we stand, divided we fall. Let us not split into factions which must destroy that union upon which our existence hangs"
- Patrik Henry
Motoss
TKID: 1392
Garrison: Star Garrison

Post by Motoss »

I'm not a Blizzard Force member but since I was logged in to turn off PM notification emails after the Reply All storm, I do have something to add since I saw the thread sitting here.

According to my own research, Blizzard Force existed by at least April 2003. If you search for "Blizzard Force" on the main forum and find the earliest post, there are references to it in the archive from the old Yahoo group.

TubaChris may be able to find even more precise info with Council access to the Yahoo Council archive. The early history of Detachments is extremely hazy before they were more solidified as part of the 501st and almost none of it is in any archives (since they existed outside the 501st website in members-only sections that could not be crawled). I know that Blizzard Force operated an EZBoard, that EZBoard existed at least by February 2003 (the url was http://pub66.ezboard.com/bblizzardsquadsnowtroopers).
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by tubachris85x »

Motoss wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:56 pm I'm not a Blizzard Force member but since I was logged in to turn off PM notification emails after the Reply All storm, I do have something to add since I saw the thread sitting here.

According to my own research, Blizzard Force existed by at least April 2003. If you search for "Blizzard Force" on the main forum and find the earliest post, there are references to it in the archive from the old Yahoo group.

TubaChris may be able to find even more precise info with Council access to the Yahoo Council archive. The early history of Detachments is extremely hazy before they were more solidified as part of the 501st and almost none of it is in any archives (since they existed outside the 501st website in members-only sections that could not be crawled). I know that Blizzard Force operated an EZBoard, that EZBoard existed at least by February 2003 (the url was http://pub66.ezboard.com/bblizzardsquadsnowtroopers).
Thanks for the follow-up ( I've taken action with regard to that PM fiasco, unfortunately I cannot stop what started there)

The info found was corroborated with data still in the council. I remember the early use of the Yahoo groups (effectively a rudimentary "facebook" of it's time). The fuzziness IMO comes from when the group was technically first created, which would be that 2003 EZBoard group, but then the other delineation is "when" it became an official detachment of the 501st, going from just a group of fellow snowtroopers to a full-on sub-element of the Legion. I'd say that this happening in 2005 and then moving from the Yahoo group to an established website is the first year. Though it seems this was only a matter of 5 months (December - April).
Winning every battle since 1980