Hi from Nebraska

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
jondsimmons
Garrison: Central Garrison

Hi from Nebraska

Post by jondsimmons »

Greetings Blizzard Force, my name is Jon. I've had a good friend who is a member of the Rebel Legion (Steve U. : Han Solo) that has spoken highly of the 501st and some of the events they put on. After attending Star Wars day at Werner Park earlier this year, and then recent the Star Wars reads event in Gretna, I've decided I'd like to be a part of this!

Recently, my kids (6 & 9) have shown a strong interest in Star Wars so that has pushed me to think more seriously about getting involved. I love how self-less the 501st is with there events and just how much all the kids enjoy them. I spent some time on the 501st website and the rebel legion site too and have concluded that I want to try and scratch build a costume of my own. After talking with a fairly new co-worker of mine who is finishing up an Emperor level Darth Vader costume, I realized now was a good time to get started with this. After looking at a lot of the options, I decided that a Snow Trooper would be a fun one to build. I wanted to do something that wasn't overly common, but still very cool. I also wanted something that I felt 'could' be comfortable to wear for extended periods of time without getting too hot and uncomfortable.

I can't wait to dig into all the wonderful resources available on this forum and start planning and building a ST costume of my own. I'm even more excited about seeing the finished product and then being able to wear it to some 501st event and give back.

Thanks in advance for all the knowledge and advice you have provided and will likely still provide as I get going on this build.

Thanks - Jon
CT5579
Blizzard Force Deployed
TKID: 5579

Re: Hi from Nebraska

Post by CT5579 »

I was actually the Vader at that baseball game, and Steve is a fantastic Solo!

I'm the membership liasion for the Central Garrison and we'd love to have another trooper. Have you signed up for the centralgarrison.com forums yet for local items?

I look forward to meeting you!
GML
Central Garrison
Imperial 80th Squad
Guff
Name: Wayne.
TKID: 23116
Garrison: UK Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Guff »

Hi Jon - welcome to the coolest detachment of the 501st. :)
jondsimmons

Post by jondsimmons »

CT5579 wrote:I was actually the Vader at that baseball game, and Steve is a fantastic Solo!

I'm the membership liasion for the Central Garrison and we'd love to have another trooper. Have you signed up for the centralgarrison.com forums yet for local items?

I look forward to meeting you!
Thank you for the warm welcome. I have signed up for their forums and also look forward to meeting you.
Guff wrote:Hi Jon - welcome to the coolest detachment of the 501st. :)
Thanks!
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by tubachris85x »

Welcome Jon! Joining the 501st is one of the better decisions I've made, as I have been able to meet so many cool and friendly people as well as given opportunities that others typically do not get to experience. I look forward to your build and hope to see you trooping in the near future!
Winning every battle since 1980