Greets from AK

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
Hepgeek

Greets from AK

Post by Hepgeek »

Greetings, all. I'm checking in from Anchorage, Alaska. I only discovered the 501st a couple months ago and shortly afterwards my local outpost in AK. It seemed appropriate that a Snowtrooper would be my first costume (plus there don't appear to be many of them up here).

I'm slowly working on gathering up all the soft goods and I'm still not sure how I want to proceed with getting a set of armor. From reading through this forum and the RPF I've gathered that there's a couple of good armor makers that supply Snowie armor, but I'm still harboring a wild dream of sculpting / casting / vac-forming my own. Plus, to complicate matters I'm 6' 5" and about 250 lbs with big shoulders, so I imagine any set of armor is gonna look slightly out of scale on me.

Either way, armor is a bridge I'll cross down the road. For now I'm soldiering on with collecting and assembling all the soft parts.

Hope nobody here minds if I ask too many questions / beg for feedback.
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Greets from AK

Post by tubachris85x »

I'm 6'7" and 340lbs.

I think you'll be fine.

If you can, try to get a set of Laws armor, as that's what I have. Moncal is about the same scale as well. Bobamaker's is more screen-proportionate, so it's a bit smaller. Troopermaster is currently in the middle of developing his armor as well.

Going the scratch built route is encouraged, but be wary of it, as it is not a very easy or quick process. I've dabbled in vacuum forming for a couple years...a lot of money spent, several blown breakers and an astounding electric bill is what I got!
Winning every battle since 1980