Portland Maine, checking in!

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
TimothyPatrickMc
Garrison: New England Garriosn

Portland Maine, checking in!

Post by TimothyPatrickMc »

Hi there~

I just wanted to stop by and say hello!

I am currently in the process of building my first set of Stormtrooper armor. While my kit isn't complete, I am having so much fun with it, that I am already starting to look into my second and third costumes! Which is why I am on this site today.

I'm interested in building a Snowtrooper, and a phase one Clone Trooper (but that's a thread for another forum.) Since winter seems to last far to long here in Maine, it seems only appropriate to have a snowie costume in the closet!

I am part of the New England Garrison, though still a "cadet", since I have yet to complete my TK costume. I have everything, except the actual armor. I'm still 4 or 5 months out for a set of ATA armor. Damn these waiting lists! - I have meet a few local 501st members here in Maine, (there aren't many of us), and will be traveling down to Boston this month for the Boston Comicon to meet more people from my local garrison.

My biggest regret in live these days is, I should have started trooping years ago! Like I said, I'm having lots of fun, and am meeting some great people.

Anyway, that's my story. Just wanted to say hello.

~Tim
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Portland Maine, checking in!

Post by tubachris85x »

Awesome to hear! I wish you the best of luck in getting your TK up and running. ATA is a very nice kit and I wish I could be able to fit it. Hope to see you get into a TS sooner though ;) Welcome to the Blizzard Force!!
Winning every battle since 1980
hottoysmax
Name: Gabriel Flores
TKID: 10422
Garrison: Southern California Garrison

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by hottoysmax »

Welcome Tim, and when your ready and need anything please feel free to message me!

Gabriel
TimothyPatrickMc
Garrison: New England Garriosn

Post by TimothyPatrickMc »

hottoysmax wrote:Welcome Tim, and when your ready and need anything please feel free to message me!

Gabriel
Thanks very much! From the reading I have been doing, I understand that the wait time for armor can be quite long. I'm gonna send some emails tonight and hope to get on the wait list. In the meantime, I will slowly start purchasing and/or making everything else I will need.

I'll be sure to talk to you soon!
~Tim
hottoysmax
Name: Gabriel Flores
TKID: 10422
Garrison: Southern California Garrison

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by hottoysmax »

No problem, just a heads up when ordering armor be patient as all vendors are quite busy and sometimes take time to reply, just keep doing research as you wait and any questions or doubts feel free to message me for advice!
FANGS
TKID: 3330
Garrison: Badlands

Post by FANGS »

I tell ya Tim....my very first set of armor came to me in about 2 minutes - and I soooo wished it hadn't. Unfortunately, this was back in 2005 when the word wasn't wide spread on recasters - heck I'm not sure that I knew what that meant even. But I learned quickly that it meant highly inferior product. So my next set of Snowie armor took me about 6 - 8 months to get but when I opened that box I KNEW right away what the difference was. Instead of wanting to throw the backpack across the room and taking glee in watching it shatter everything went together like a dream. Long story short.....it's usually worth the wait!

It sounds like you've caught the costuming disease. I'l apologize now to your significant other should you have one.....hahahaha It's a wonderful, wonderful hobby. Enjoy every minute of it!
Angela Mash GM-3330
Badlands Garrison
Scout ('05), Snowie ('06), Galactic Marine ('07)
Midniterider
Galactic Marine Liaison
TKID: 7462
Garrison: Carida

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Midniterider »

FANGS wrote:It sounds like you've caught the costuming disease. I'l apologize now to your significant other should you have one.....hahahaha It's a wonderful, wonderful hobby. Enjoy every minute of it!
Agreed!!

Got my whole family into this hobby!!!

:lol:
Ken "Tank" Querio
TS - 7462
Garrison Carida

" STRIKING HARD AND FAST...WITH BLIZZARD FORCE! "