New Trooper from Vermont

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
DarkLegionnare

New Trooper from Vermont

Post by DarkLegionnare »

Greetings all,

My name is Taylor Howe and I am not a member nor soldier of any garrison, station, or group at present time.

Quick summary of me: Hobbies include Warhammer 40k (probably my most expansive and expensive), vidja-games, D&D, and the outdoorsy stuff of hiking and snowboarding. Sci-fi is easily my favorite genre of fiction (hence Star Wars and Warhammer 40,000) and I love to trundle on through the hours with a good game or book related to it.

I'm 22 at the moment, 23 in July, and I've been a Star Wars nut since I first spent 3 weeks of allowance at age 6 to rent the original trilogy on VHS from our local video store. I know two of those concepts are antiquated, and most likely on the way out for good, at this point, but my love of Star Wars remains. Ever since that age I've been glued to and eager to get a hold of a trooper costume to call my own, I'm very much a fan of full-body suits of armor, and the Imperials definitely have some of the coolest in the entirety of sci-fi.

The one that I always loved the most were the Dark Troopers, and Snowtroopers. Obviously I'm not an 8 foot tall man, so I can't pull off a Darktrooper very well, however, I can do a Snowtrooper quite swimmingly, I'd hope.

I started getting very inclined to the idea of getting a full suit and more glued to it once I graduated from college last April. I'm finally earning oodles of money instead of hemorrhaging it paying for school. And so I've come here. At first I gathered some guides and was prepared to do it up myself. However, I hit an impasse quickly with work schedule, lack of working space once another roommate moved in, and general free time to pursue the dream.

I still want a Snowtrooper to call my own, and I'm willing to pay the premium to get one made so I can participate and stand shoulder to shoulder with you lads. I'll browse the forums more in depth once I'm out of work today and get more acquainted with everything.

Summary: I was told you are all the best to go to to join the Snowtrooper corp, and it certainly rings true from what I've seen. Here's hoping I'll be marching alongside you lads in the harsh temperatures, protected by battle-plate soon enough.

-Taylor
TS 4813
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Geoff Pfeiffer
TKID: 4813
Garrison: Wisconsin Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: New Trooper from Vermont

Post by TS 4813 »

Welcome Taylor! You are definitely making the right choice by coming here first to get an idea of what you want to do. Take a moment to look over our boards to study up on what you need to do. Always ask questions if you get stuck. There are plenty of troopers that are here to help. :)
Wisconsin Garrison Commanding Officer
Blizzard Force Detachment Leader (2012-2013)
TS/TB/TX/TK - 4813
hottoysmax
Name: Gabriel Flores
TKID: 10422
Garrison: Southern California Garrison

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by hottoysmax »

Welcome Taylor!!!
DarkLegionnare

Post by DarkLegionnare »

Thanks, guys! I'll do my best to be a productive member. Though my effectiveness will be a bit on the nil side until I get me my Empire standard issue package for the iceball (read: state) I'm stationed on.