Introducing myself. New to this forum.

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
mcclad
TKID: 0
Garrison: New England

Introducing myself. New to this forum.

Post by mcclad »

Hello everyone. My name is Roland Lavigne and I am a member of the New England Garrison. I live in New Bedford MA. with my wife Kerry and my two children, Ryan and Rebecca. I have seen 44 winters and have been a fan of Star Wars fan for about 35 of them. The only full costume that I am approved for is a Biker Scout, since I have sold off my Zuckuss, but my favorite Imperial is by far the Snowtrooper. I remember being a kid and seeing the Kenner figure in a store called Woolworth before I got a chance to see the movie. The look was the coolest thing and I could not wait to see it in action on the silver screen. Amazingly, I remember that moment as if it happened 2 minutes ago. My wedding anniversary might be a little foggy, but I am with a very understanding woman who can appreciate my passion, so I do not have to sleep on the couch. Much. I am into ice skating and used to play hockey. ( Into wearing gear, and being in the cold, not much of a suprise there since I am really into the whole Hoth thing in a healty and strange kind of way.) I played paintball for decades and I always wanted to do it in a SW costume. ( One track mind.) I buy, collect and restore pinball machines, and while they are a little harder to incorporate into a collection then stamps for an example, it is something that kind of makes me who I am. I do not own any of the Star Wars machines, but I have only owned 36 machines to date, so give me time. Prop and costume building is like eating and breathing to me so it is something that I am really into. Work at my real job kind of cuts into that time, but I am glad that is does not interfere with eating and breathing for me. I bought a complete Snowtrooper costume from a fellow garrison member and it was an approvable when he wore it, but to me needs quite a bit of work. I want to make it more screen accurate and need to put the time in if I want a quality finished product. The hard parts were a MC so I have good start to work with. Various things will need to be done before I am happy with the whole thing. Eye lenses being hot glued in, duster not having rounded corners, backpack details poorly painted, will all have to be to be changed before being submitted, but I am willing to put in the time and the effort. To me, if its worth doing, its worth doing right. Hopefully I can join the ranks of a great detachment soon. See you all on the battlefield.

Roland
"mcclad"
Navajo Bro
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Bro
TKID: 8869
Garrison: Northeast Remnant

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: Introducing myself. New to this forum.

Post by Navajo Bro »

Welcome man, hopefully I can make it up to one your your guys events one day, you have a lot of cool parades and extended invites but so far my schedule has always confliced. I have several costumes and my Snowtrooper has definitely become my favorite :D
Bro
TA/TB/TB/TI/TK/TK/TS/TS/TX/AR/BH/BH/DZ/IC/ID/IS-8869
Northeast Remnant Lead Event Coordinator
Rebel Legion - Devaron Base

Northeast Remnant Trooper of the Year - 2008 & 2011
501st Legion Trooper of the Month - July 2012
Special Ops Detachment Squad Leader - October 2012
First Ever Legion Approved Snow Scout
hottoysmax
Name: Gabriel Flores
TKID: 10422
Garrison: Southern California Garrison

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by hottoysmax »

Welcome Roland, cant wait to see your work!
muppet
TKID: 8995
Garrison: Redback

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by muppet »

welcome aboard
TS 4813
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Geoff Pfeiffer
TKID: 4813
Garrison: Wisconsin Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by TS 4813 »

Welcome Roland!
Wisconsin Garrison Commanding Officer
Blizzard Force Detachment Leader (2012-2013)
TS/TB/TX/TK - 4813
Guff
Name: Wayne.
TKID: 23116
Garrison: UK Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Guff »

Hello there Roland.
tk8456
TKID: 8456
Garrison: UKG

Post by tk8456 »

Welcome Roland :)

Stay cool
You don't go out looking for a job dressed like that do you? On a weekday?
Is this a, what day is this?

John Danter TS8456

http://www.ukgarrison.co.uk (TS8456)