TB-5675 Saying Hello from Sacramento, CA

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
automaton
TKID: 5675
Garrison: CCG

TB-5675 Saying Hello from Sacramento, CA

Post by automaton »

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and doing some research for my wife's first costume. I have a TB and am building a CT movie version. The snow trooper is my wife's favorite and I really want to get her into this hobby (I'm also excited about getting to wear it on occasion as well). I'm looking at ordering the full kit from Moncal and sewing the duster ourselves. I'm about to start searching this forum but if anyone wants to post up a few links for info on best places to get boots, jumpsuits, gloves, and patterns for the duster I'd be very thankful.

Thanks,
Alex
Scott M.
Senior Advisor
TKID: 4149
Garrison: Mountain

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Re: TB-5675 Saying Hello from Sacramento, CA

Post by Scott M. »

Boots are pretty easy to find on ebay, just search for Mukluks (and remember, they usually are about 2 sizes bigger than normal, so order accordingly). No jumpsuit is needed, and most kits use a basic white Dickies painter pant. Cloves are very basic white gardening gloves, and usually Ace hardware carries them, and they run about $2 per pair.

As for the duster pattern, I am not sure about that one.

Hope that helps.
Don't Hate the Duster
Mountain Garrison CO (retired)
Blizzard Force F'ing Old Guy Advisor to the BF Command Staff
FISD ANH Elite
BF Deployed
melanie
Merchandise Officer
TKID: 9630

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by melanie »

Sounds like another great husband and wife team! Awesome!

The Simplicity Matrix pattern is the pattern for the duster. The number is 5386. Feel free to contact me when you are ready and I can send you the upgrades.
Melanie
TS 9630 Blizzard Force Deployed
Garrison Carida

Am I a Good Person doing "Bad" things....Or a Bad Person Doing "Good" Things?
Dexter Showtime
automaton

Post by automaton »

Thanks for all the help and info. I also found a lot of the info once I started digging through the forum. We placed the order for the armor kit with moncal. Now we just have to wait the 18-20 weeks...
automaton

Post by automaton »

So it's been seven months since we ordered the armor. Got the message a week ago that the armor is ready to ship. Hoping to get it any time now. Gonna start ordering all the other soft parts and attempt to sew the duster and pouches ourselves.

So as for the Mukluks, I see them on ebay but have been hesitant to order them because of everything I've read about the sizing. They are for my wife's costume. She wears a women's size 8 shoe. Anyone have some advice on what size mukluk she'd need to get?
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by tubachris85x »

Well, to put it into perspective, I wear a size 16-17 (depending on the shoe brand) and my mukluks are a size 12-13. While I can wear them with the wool liners perfectly fine, others are swimming in them. Most I know will wear their sneakers inside of them too
Winning every battle since 1980
hottoysmax
Name: Gabriel Flores
TKID: 10422
Garrison: Southern California Garrison

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by hottoysmax »

Welcome! good to see that there will be more California snowies!
automaton

Post by automaton »

Hey everyone!

It's been a while but I'm finally back to working on the snowtrooper. It took a very long time to get the MC armor kit and then we ended up moving so the kit stayed in the box and didn't get pulled out again until last week. So the issue I have now is that the kit was missing a few parts. I didn't get the shoulder straps and the templates and decals. I also misplaced the CD that MC provides with all the build instructions. So I contacted MC about this and they responded quickly and said they'd be able to replace them but they are busy now and it would be 4 to 6 weeks before they could ship them.

So here are my questions: Are the shoulder straps the same as for the TK and if so is there a faster place I can order some? Will the decals from trooperbay work with the MC kit and have everything I need? And finally, is there anyone on the forum with the MC build CD that would be willing to email me the pics?

Thanks,
Alex
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by tubachris85x »

automaton wrote:Hey everyone!

It's been a while but I'm finally back to working on the snowtrooper. It took a very long time to get the MC armor kit and then we ended up moving so the kit stayed in the box and didn't get pulled out again until last week. So the issue I have now is that the kit was missing a few parts. I didn't get the shoulder straps and the templates and decals. I also misplaced the CD that MC provides with all the build instructions. So I contacted MC about this and they responded quickly and said they'd be able to replace them but they are busy now and it would be 4 to 6 weeks before they could ship them.

So here are my questions: Are the shoulder straps the same as for the TK and if so is there a faster place I can order some? Will the decals from trooperbay work with the MC kit and have everything I need? And finally, is there anyone on the forum with the MC build CD that would be willing to email me the pics?

Thanks,
Alex

For the straps, yes, they're identical to standard TK straps, but take note in the CRL as to how the under-strapping for the backpack should be added!

Unfortunately, I cannot answer that about the trooper bay decal sets, as I never seen them in person (to my knowledge at least).
Winning every battle since 1980
hottoysmax
Name: Gabriel Flores
TKID: 10422
Garrison: Southern California Garrison

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by hottoysmax »

PM me brother if your still waiting for MC to send you stuff!