Reporting in from Georgia, USA

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
LiquiTed
TKID: 3354
Garrison: Georgia Garrison

Reporting in from Georgia, USA

Post by LiquiTed »

I'll be starting my TS this weekend and I'm very excited about a new project. I recently acquired a MonCal armor kit and I can't wait to get started. I already have a BobaMaker Snowtrooper bucket, a duster and my boots. Still need to find the trousers so I'll be searching for the best sources here in the boards as well as all the fine details to make one incredible TS.

I currently have a ESB Boba Fett fully approved for 501st and a thumbs up from some of the great talent on TDH.
I also have an old TK F/X kit. Plans have been to turn that into a TD but it's been on hold for a while while I continue to upgrade my Fett and now with this TS, looks like old dirty trooper will have to wait!

Ted
angryjason
Name: Meat Popsicle
TKID: 8755

Re: Reporting in from Georgia, USA

Post by angryjason »

Holy smokes! I didn't know you were doing a TS. I've been quiet about mine as well on the GA boards, but good to know that a fellow GA Garrison member is doing a build. I too just received my kit from MonCal this week. Unfortunately, I don't have sinew, so that's on order and big part of the build. Without the supporting mats, I've only been able to glue my forearms, attach the clips to the torso with the split rivets and start on my thermal detonator. I've also de-d-ringed my boots.

Trousers shouldn't be too difficult to pin down - I think these should work - http://www.dickies.com/product/product_ ... 7AodGhHUwA
LiquiTed

Post by LiquiTed »

Planning on starting with the backpack this weekend and weathering the soft parts. I think the dickies painter pants will be my best bet from what I've seen these get the most use but I like the look of the karate gi pants so I'm considering those as well.

I plan to sew the armor parts with sinew as well. Where are you getting yours from?

I'll try and post up some progress pics as things get moving.

Ted
angryjason
Name: Meat Popsicle
TKID: 8755

Post by angryjason »

I ordered this via Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018N ... 02_s00_i00

I should have it in hand by the end of next week. I'm thinking I should have more than enough, so if it gets a passing grade, I can send some to you.

I might also try my hand at weathering this weekend. The aluminum black metal finish might be here by the weekend, so if it is, I plan on getting the brass binding posts weathered and then make some good progress on the bucket.
LiquiTed

Post by LiquiTed »

Looks like that'll work out well. Let me know how it turns out.

I got my helmet from BobaMaker, fully weathered just needs padding and other interior comforts added. I'll be trying to match the weathering on the helmet with the armor which shouldn't be too hard. The helmet weathering is light and just right for my taste. Mukluks are nicely used, just got to get new laces and weather those and the boot straps to match. I've got much mor experience with cloth weathering than armor from my Fett.