Hello from Ottawa

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
cheeser359
TKID: 28240

Hello from Ottawa

Post by cheeser359 »

Hi everybody
Brand new to this whole thing, but going to start off as a Snowtrooper!
I was really impressed by the fundraising that the local garrison did at ComicCon and thought that I could have fun while helping out others....
A little overwhelmed at the project, but babysteps and research should get me there.

Rob
cheeser359

Re: Hello from Ottawa

Post by cheeser359 »

Well, it was a long road to get here...
Almost 37 weeks for MonCal kit, parts missing, and I realized how big a guy I am!
Thoughts/comments appreciated please
tubachris85x
Detachment Leader
Name: Christopher Williams
TKID: 2556
Garrison: Tyranus

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by tubachris85x »

Hey Rob! Glad to see you posting back up here. Are you saying that you recieved your kit, but missing parts? I'd try and reach them again to get them to help you out! 37 weeks...? Jeeze....
Winning every battle since 1980
joukov
TKID: 7858
Garrison: Nordic Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by joukov »

Looking good! Chest armor is running a bit high and duster looks a bit short. Any chance you could lift the cod armor a bit?
Jouko Väänänen, TS-7858
Nordic Garrison
cheeser359

Post by cheeser359 »

Yeah, the backpack caused the chest to ride up a bit high... I'll have to figure a way to keep that down
Plus I have more to cover than some of you thin guys... :P

Ordered the MonCal June 1 and when it finnaly arrived in Jan, the cod peice wasn't there. Waited 4 weeks for a new one and then I realized the backpack didn't have the screw places inserted in it... (they had CVI and other distractions/disruptions...)
:(

Agree the duster is a little shorter than I would like. If approved, will be the first piece I upgrade....
hottoysmax
Name: Gabriel Flores
TKID: 10422
Garrison: Southern California Garrison

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by hottoysmax »

Also the duster shouldnt real stick out from under the ab plate that much, i know that there are photos were it shows it sitcking out but it should be flush or close to it. I am also a very big guy so dont worry about that you look fantastic aside from what i mentioned and the length of the actual duster. Tip on what i have done because not only does my back pack pull down on my chest plate but i had my big belly pushing up on it at the same time. so i added elastic straps that snapped behind the chest plate and go through button holes in my duster run inside the duster behind the ab plate and out the bottom were they snap to my cod piece. I kill to birds with one stone my cod and chest plate pull on each other keeping both of them in place.
Midniterider
Galactic Marine Liaison
TKID: 7462
Garrison: Carida

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Midniterider »

cheeser359 wrote:Yeah, the backpack caused the chest to ride up a bit high... I'll have to figure a way to keep that down
Plus I have more to cover than some of you thin guys... :P

Ordered the MonCal June 1 and when it finnaly arrived in Jan, the cod peice wasn't there. Waited 4 weeks for a new one and then I realized the backpack didn't have the screw places inserted in it... (they had CVI and other distractions/disruptions...)
:(

Agree the duster is a little shorter than I would like. If approved, will be the first piece I upgrade....

I replied to a thread that you posted up in regards to the back pack pulling the chest piece up. I have designed a harness that holds the weight of the backpack and takes the pressure off the chest plate. Stay tuned for a tutorial with pictures.
Ken "Tank" Querio
TS - 7462
Garrison Carida

" STRIKING HARD AND FAST...WITH BLIZZARD FORCE! "