Aloha from Hawaii

This is where you need to make a post telling who you are and what your 501st Legion ID number is (if you have one). You are not required to be a Legion member to participate on this forum but you must be at least 18 years of age.
tk6918
Name: Meat Popsicle

Aloha from Hawaii

Post by tk6918 »

Aloha, my name is Manny or TK-6918 of the Pacific Outpost. Just registered to learn more about one of the coolest looking imperial costumes.

I first owned a Royal Guard costume, Then got a clean white TK armor. Unfortunately had to sell my Royal Guard before I had a chance to apply for a Legion ID for it. I'm now currently working on an Imperial Officer, and then will be debating between a Snow Commander or a Clone Commander.
The problem is that in Hawaii, a snow trooper would be out of place :cry:

Stuartsotf

Post by Stuartsotf »

Aloha Manny,

Welcome the "the Coolest detachment in the entire 501st".. Its good to see you here mate, I am sure you will have a lot of questions to ask, and feel free to use that "Search button" at the top of the forum. 8)

On a "Snow Commander not fitting in Hawaii"... Well, you only have to talk to the DXO Ian, he used to troop with his Snowy in Florida.. as well as a lot of other Troopers :wink: ... And let me tell you It "Looked Cool"...LOL..

And actually, the Snowtrooper and Snow commander armor can be quite decieving.. Its actually warmer in Winter and Cooler in Summer 8) .... and thats the honest truth :D ...

And besides that, it is one of the most comfortable sets of armor to troop in by a Hoth Mile 8)
Stuart Wilkshire
"Asia-Oceania Regional Moff"
"retired Legion Captain of the Guard"
"Retired Blizzard Force Detachment Leader"
Japanese Garrison member
TK/TS-969
izrahell
Name: Izra Guzman
TKID: 7613
Garrison: Skull Garrison

Post by izrahell »

Stuartsotf wrote:
And besides that, it is one of the most comfortable sets of armor to troop in by a Hoth Mile 8)
I agree! :wink:
Banzai88
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Banzai88
TKID: 1588
Garrison: Imperial Sands Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Banzai88 »

Manny--welcome to Blizzard Force! Of course we're partial to Snowies here, but either way you choose--good luck. We await your decision! 8)
ImageImage
IanL
TKID: 7197

Post by IanL »

Welcome on!

No worries about snowtroopers in warm climates, we are loved whereever we go.
Ian Lindsay............Former Blizzard Force Detachment Leader.........Golden Gate Garrison........TS/BH/RC-7197
Obey Wann
TKID: 6960

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Obey Wann »

Aloha, braddah!

Welcome to Blizzard Force!

//now I'm homesick for Hawaii --I was stationed at Pearl Harbor for 4 years, and loved it there.//
Remeber: the Enemy's gate is down.

Jello
TKID: 5794
Garrison: Mountain

Post by Jello »

Welcome aboard!

Oderint Dum Metuant

FISD Expert Infantry Stormtrooper (ANH)
Blizzard Force Deployed
Sith Lord Detachment member
501st Pathfinder
tk6918

Post by tk6918 »

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I'm glad to report that I got a good amount of information in a short time, and have already ordered my first piece which is the 2-step snow commander greeblie from Ken, aka Elvistrooper. :D

I will probably be ordering the armor kit next since that takes a while to come...

Then a DL-44 resin kit so I can start making it.

Etc.. :roll:

I will probably order the boots last as finding a good cheap source seems to be the hardest thing to do. I may just settle for Mukluks for my commander as it is accepted and I could then also go snow trooper with them.
:?
Stuartsotf

Post by Stuartsotf »

tk6918 wrote:Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I'm glad to report that I got a good amount of information in a short time, and have already ordered my first piece which is the 2-step snow commander greeblie from Ken, aka Elvistrooper. :D

I will probably be ordering the armor kit next since that takes a while to come...

Then a DL-44 resin kit so I can start making it.

Etc.. :roll:

I will probably order the boots last as finding a good cheap source seems to be the hardest thing to do. I may just settle for Mukluks for my commander as it is accepted and I could then also go snow trooper with them.
:?
Hey mate,
Actually, the Commanders boots aren't that hard to source :D ... Have a look at this URL... this is what you will need, go for the Silver or white.. and you can paint them up after... this is tha way that the rest of us Snow Commanders have gone... 8) (with the Tecnica boots) Try Ebay as well.. they are out there :wink:

http://www.moon-boots.com/

I got my boots from this exact store.. 8)
Stuart Wilkshire
Japanese Garrison member
TK/TS-969
tk6918

Post by tk6918 »

Ah ok, I seen that link but I had skipped it since I didn't see the white boots at first. (silly me I didn't see there were more than one page)

So I need to get the white/black vinyl ones right?

Stuartsotf

Post by Stuartsotf »

That looks like them Manny, :D

All you have to do (carefully, is to use a sewing unpicker) and take out the stitches holding the top section, you then have to cut them at the front with a cutter knife...PLEASE be extremely careful as you have to cut close to the front.. and I mean very close.. and if you make a mistake.. you will cut into the moonboots... and there is no recovering from that :roll:
Stuart Wilkshire
Japanese Garrison member
TK/TS-969