Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Meat Popsicle
TKID: 3346
Garrison: Carolina

TS 3346 requesting deployment

Post by yodaawilson »

Alex Wilson
Carolina Garrison

Everything is done. now i am just waiting on local garrison aproval so the offical pic can be placed on the 501st site along side my scout.

BRING ON THE SNOW :-)
jackdoud
Blizzard Force Deployed

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by jackdoud »

It's a decent attempt but there are a few things you still need to work on.

-The ab plate should sit over the cod, not behind it

-The vinyl shroud should not stick to the face plate so much, it should be a seemless run. If you can, peel the vinyl off the plate until it's just being held on at the edges.

-The band you added around the helmet could use a little more work to smooth it out.

-The face plate shouldn't be a different color than the rest of the helmet. I'd recommend a full tear down and repaint. This would let you work on the brow ridge and reposition the vinyl as well.

-The backpack should sit higher up with the top level with your shoulders

-The backpack colors are off. Where you used a silver paint it should be a middle grey the same as the one used on the TK helmets. The same goes for the thermal detonator body.

-The backpack is put together incorrectly, the side plates should be inside the front and back, not overtop of them. I don't know how you attached them but if possible switch it around.

There are other things that are a little nitpicky but still technically inaccurate. For completeness they include:

-The red circles in the top part of the back pack side plates aren't supposed to be symetrical. The one on the left side (when facing the pack) should be about twice as large.

-The grey box shape that's painted over the top left of the backpack should stop at the top, not run all the way over and down the back.

-The boot straps should be weathered to match the boots

-There shouldn't be trim around the bottom and side edges of the helmet.

Things like the white instead of tan duster, elastic around the upper forearms, modified laces and the holster are acceptable options at this time.

You're 85% there, a little bit of reworking on some parts and you should be good to go. :wink:
See a build up of my TS armor here: http://www.bloody-plastic.com/costumes.html
- Jack Doud
- TK/TS 2249
- Blizzard Force Historian
IanL
TKID: 7197

Post by IanL »

Jack hit on a lot of the points. I think that the helmet might be a lost cause. I know you put a lot of work into it, but honestly it will be better in the long run to get a fresh new one. Trust me I was in your shoes with my first build, and even though a strip of weatherstripping around the dome got me "in", it always bothered me and I had to replace it with the bucket I have now. I think that some of the paint details on the backpack could also be made a lot crisper, take some time masking and spraying the details and they will come out fine.

Hopefully we haven't discouraged you, feel free to ask if you need direction on any of the remaining parts and details :D
Ian Lindsay............Former Blizzard Force Detachment Leader.........Golden Gate Garrison........TS/BH/RC-7197
Banzai88
Blizzard Force Deployed
Name: Banzai88
TKID: 1588
Garrison: Imperial Sands Garrison

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Banzai88 »

Hey Alex--It's true we are constructive in our comments. The only thing I'll add is to be sure the back pack is centered on your back; looks a bit too far to the right. 8)
ImageImage
izrahell
Name: Izra Guzman
TKID: 7613
Garrison: Skull Garrison

Post by izrahell »

My advice Alex is the shoulder bells are to down, get up a little more!

Good luck whit your deploiment Bro!
Stuartsotf

Post by Stuartsotf »

Your Close mate, very close... Just a few things to tweak and you will be rocking 8)
Stuart Wilkshire
"Asia-Oceania Regional Moff"
"retired Legion Captain of the Guard"
"Retired Blizzard Force Detachment Leader"
Japanese Garrison member
TK/TS-969
yodaawilson
Blizzard Force Deployed

Post by yodaawilson »

jackdoud wrote:It's a decent attempt but there are a few things you still need to work on.

-The ab plate should sit over the cod, not behind it
Easy fix
Helmet issues:
new helmet ordered

-The backpack should sit higher up with the top level with your shoulders
ok I will lift it

-The backpack is put together incorrectly, the side plates should be inside the front and back, not overtop of them. I don't know how you attached them but if possible switch it around.

pleasse check this post pics and see that the end pieaces are over the back not inside and it seems to work for approval. can you show me a pic or pics of it inside or can it be done as this fellow snowie has nicely done it?
viewtopic.php?t=676&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

You're 85% there, a little bit of reworking on some parts and you should be good to go. :wink:
yodaawilson
Blizzard Force Deployed

Post by yodaawilson »

[quote="jackdoud"]It's a decent attempt but there are a few things you still need to work on.

-The backpack colors are off. Where you used a silver paint it should be a middle grey the same as the one used on the TK helmets. The same goes for the thermal detonator body.
Np I cna repaint it :-)

There are other things that are a little nitpicky but still technically inaccurate. For completeness they include:

-The red circles in the top part of the back pack side plates aren't supposed to be symetrical. What shape is it supposed to be?
The one on the left side (when facing the pack) should be about twice as large. np :-)

-The grey box shape that's painted over the top left of the backpack should stop at the top, not run all the way over and down the back.
np sanded off

-The boot straps should be weathered to match the boots
hum how?

-There shouldn't be trim around the bottom and side edges of the helmet.
huh?

Things like the white instead of tan duster, elastic around the upper forearms, modified laces and the holster are acceptable options at this time.
cool tks

You're 85% there, a little bit of reworking on some parts and you should be good to go. :wink:[/quote
yodaawilson
Blizzard Force Deployed

Post by yodaawilson »

backpack over vs. inside issue

if inside not enough material to cover ends

sides are ok

if placed over plenty of material to use
yodaawilson
Blizzard Force Deployed

Post by yodaawilson »

Well. I started with this

then did a complete whitewash and then the repainting.
Banzai88
Blizzard Force Deployed

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Banzai88 »

I believe the detail paint is gray, not silver... :?
ImageImage
yodaawilson
Blizzard Force Deployed

Post by yodaawilson »

Np. All repainting done with gray #5 paint and such. I also replaced all the letters with the decals by Banzai88. However, the side ones are abit larger than I have seen on other's backpacks. I have them on the pack, colored, and I wanted to ask if they are ok now? I painted them on the first time, but decals were requested so they were used.

these are what I ordered. thanks for sending them Banzai88.
Image TS-02 4" wide; $4.50
I hope they approve the larger side ones :? since I bought them off a recommended TS decal person :wink:
Image TS-01 3" tall; $4.00
Banzai88
Blizzard Force Deployed

WHITEOUT Program Honors

WHITEOUT Deployed

Post by Banzai88 »

Hey bro :lol: These decals are not meant for armor. They are just decoration for your tote, car or whatever. You can use them for ref though.
ImageImage
yodaawilson
Blizzard Force Deployed

Post by yodaawilson »

Np. All repainting done with gray #5 paint and such. I also replaced all the letters with the decals by Banzai88.
However, the side ones are abit larger than I have seen on other's backpacks. I have them on the pack, colored, and I wanted to ask if they are ok now? I painted them on the first time, but decals were requested so they were used.

these are what I ordered. thanks for sending them Banzai88.
Image TS-02 4" wide; $4.50
I hope they approve the larger side ones :? since I bought them off a recommended TS decal person :wink:
Image TS-01 3" tall; $4.00
yodaawilson
Blizzard Force Deployed

Post by yodaawilson »

Banzai88 wrote:Hey bro :lol: These decals are not meant for armor. They are just decoration for your tote, car or whatever. You can use them for ref though.
Bro that was the reason I bought them for my armor and they are nice. :)
So, are they too big now? :( :? :x :(

AUGH. expensive funny :x :(

ok ok so who sells the correct size decals??? :? Otherwise its back to painting them on again. 8)
Last edited by yodaawilson on Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.